Sunday, May 29, 2011

Puddin' Love

Pudding for Breakfast?
Between runs and work I've been 'uncooking' up a storm! It's harder to eat just veggies/fruit here, as I've said before; so I rely on more dehydrated foods to fill up with goodies. Sundays in particular the kitchen gets trashed! Today I made raw granola, raw 'bread,' flax crackers and a double batch of almond milk.. oh yeah.. and CHIA PUDDING! Mmmmm. I made the pudding this morning as my pre-run fuel. I made a LOT of it! I'm about to finish it off. Yum. I was telling my Aunt about the many wonderful things you can make with Chia and they are all waiting for recipes. As a kid I used to LOVE Tapioca pudding (any pudding except chocolate really) out of the J.E.L.L.O. Box. Last year for a potluck we made REAL Tapioca pudding, it was indian style, and wow, it was amazing. Chia is similar to tapioca. The farther in advance you make it, the more puddin'gy it gets.

Yer Tis:
1 Cup Almond Milk (I make mine unsweetened)
2 Heaping Tbs Chia
1/8 tsp-1/4 tsp pure Vanilla Extract
1 Cup full of whatever goodies you want.. berries, buckwheat groats, granola, shredded coconut etc.)
Stevia or whatever to taste...

Ok, the first one I made is my usual vanilla pudding.

So stir Chia into the milk with a fork. Be sure to stir after 10 minutes or so to avoid clumps.. then just let it sit and do it's thing! Each Chia seed will gel up. Stir again, place in the fridge. Once chilled, add your favorite toppings and enjoy! I stirred in a tiny bit of dried Stevia.

If you have a thing for Banana's, add 1/8 cup more milk, and 1/2 a ripe banana, maybe an extra splash of vanilla and maple syrup and you've got naner pudding.

If you like Chocolate, reduce the vanilla a bit, add 1/2 tsp of Carob, Cocao or Cocoa powder.. sprinkle in chips and enjoy! May want to sweeten this one.
Variation: I stirred in some raspberry chunks really well and added more coconut. SO good and with lots of fruit you don't need any sweetener.

Looks like a Peppermint Frosty Martini doesn't it!?

16 comments:

  1. This looks fantastic! I have almond milk, I have chia, but I never thought of putting them together. I'll try it tonight -- thx Jo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of the variations look SO good.. Can't wait to try this, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great information. Lucky me I found your site by accident (stumbleupon).
    I've bookmarked it for later!

    Feel free to surf to my blog post; 24sevenmixtape.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I visited several web pages however the audio quality for audio songs present at this web page is actually
    excellent.

    my web page :: hersolution pills

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I do believe this is an excellent site.
    I stumbledupon it ;) I will come back once again since i have book-marked it.
    Money and freedom is the best way to change, may you be rich and continue to guide others.


    Stop by my site: click the following page

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm more than happy to uncover this page. I want to to thank you for your time for this fantastic read!! I definitely appreciated every bit of it and I have you book marked to look at new information in your website.

    my site; rosacea serum

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, i believe that i noticed you visited my website so i
    got here to return the want?.I'm attempting to find things to enhance my web site!I guess its ok to make use of some of your concepts!!

    Here is my homepage ... prosolution gel side effects

    ReplyDelete
  8. Does your site have a contact page? I'm having problems locating it but, I'd like to send you an e-mail.
    I've got some suggestions for your blog you might be interested in hearing. Either way, great website and I look forward to seeing it expand over time.

    Feel free to visit my site - male enhancement cream at walmart

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for your marvelous posting! I certainly enjoyed reading it,
    you will be a great author.I will always bookmark your blog and will eventually come back
    down the road. I want to encourage continue your great writing,
    have a nice holiday weekend!

    Look into my page eyelasticity reviews []

    ReplyDelete
  10. Greate post. Keep posting such kind of information on
    your page. Im really impressed by your site.

    Hello there, You have done a fantastic job. I'll certainly digg it and personally suggest to my friends. I am sure they'll be benefited from this website.


    Here is my web site dermefface fx7 [http://ixod.com/]

    ReplyDelete
  11. Every weekend i used to pay a visit this website, for the reason that i wish for
    enjoyment, since this this site conations genuinely nice
    funny stuff too.

    Here is my blog post: somanabolic rebuilder

    ReplyDelete
  12. We are a group of volunteers and starting
    a new scheme in our community. Your web site provided us with valuable information to work on.
    You have done an impressive job and our whole community will be thankful to you.|

    Feel free to visit my blog darmowy program pit 2014 ()

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your input!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...